Immigration Division is an agency under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that contributes to National Security in managing and securing Kiribati’s border by processing and analyzing movement of people in and out of Kiribati. The main services includes; Visas and Permit issuance, monitoring of aliens and Passport Issuance.
The Division executes its duties through national cooperation with other law enforcement agencies in the country to deliver an effective service to all valuable customers and to ensure compliance to Immigration and related laws to protect the citizens of Kiribati. Immigration also contributes to economic growth, good governance and promotes cooperation in the pacific region and at the international level.
1. Kiribati citizens living in Kiribati should contact Immigration Office, Bairiki Tarawa, telephone 75021342 or 75021368 and must apply in person.
2. Kiribati citizens living in the Line Islands should apply for their passports at the Immigration branch office, London Kiritimati in person
3. Kiribati citizens living outside Kiribati may download application form, complete the form and send it over with all required documents to their relatives in Tarawa through email or express mail and Immigration will work on that through your relatives, especially with payment and document verification.
4. The Kiribati High Commission in Suva also accepts application forms and process payments as well for I-Kiribati living in Fiji or nearby countries.
If your passport will expire soon you might need to renew it before travelling.
You must check the entry requirements of the countries you are visiting before booking travel because there are countries like most EU countries need at least 6 months left on your passport prior entering.
How to renew passport?
You must bring your old passport which is expiring, current photo and signature, and proof of payment (receipt). Passport fees depend on the duration of passport processing.
Loss or Stolen Passport
By law, you must report the loss or theft of your passport to the Police and Immigration office as soon as possible. This will help prevent criminal misuse of the document and protect your identity.
Your passport will be immediately and permanently cancelled. It cannot be reinstated and must not be used for travel should you find it later.
The penalty fee of $100 is applicable for lost/damaged passport.
How to report a loss or theft Passports
If your passport is lost, you can report a loss or theft by going to the Police Station where you suspect your passport is being lost or theft at.
If overseas, you should also report the incident to the police and ensure that you obtain a copy of the police report and send over to the Immigration Office Headquarter.
Checklist for Lost/Stolen Passport
- 1 passport photo (current)
- Police report
- Proof of payment (receipts) (a)Penalty fee of $100. (b)Passport fee.
Checklist for Damaged Passport
- Damaged passport if valid
- 1 passport photo
- Proof of payment (receipts). (a)Penalty fee of $100 (b)Passport fee
The validity of a Kiribati Passport is now 10 years. Passport fees are payable prior lodging your application.
List of Passport Fees.
1 BUSINESS DAY
3 BUSINESS DAYS
5 BUSINESS DAYS
10 BUSINESS DAYS
DIPLOMATIC & OFFICIAL
1 BUSINESS DAY
1&1/2 BUSINESS DAYS
3 BUSINESS DAYS
All above fees are inclusive of VAT.
Click links below for VISA Forms
Please click this link for more information HEALTH ADVISORY